Friday 22 June 2012

Elderflower Cordial Again

It's that time of year again- the elderflowers are blooming and we have been foraging! This year we have collected the flowers early enough to make a couple of batches, I have tried using a small amount of campden tablet in the finished cordial to help with the problem of fermentation, apparently this will mean that it can be kept almost indefinitely!

Elderflowers ready to collect.
I have used more or less the same recipe as before (June 2010) using limes and lemons- I would like to try using honey but am not sure if the flavour of the flowers will be overpowered by the honey flavour. The local shops have sold out of citric acid so I have ordered some on-line- it just means that I will have to wait and hope there are still some flowers left when it comes to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment