Saturday 4 June 2011

New Recipes

For my birthday I was lucky enough to have books- including the two new Nigel Slater books on Fruit and Vegetables. I had wanted to try a seasonal recipe using Rhubarb and polenta. This cake had flour in and as I needed something gluten free for a visit to Jen's I opted for his Elderflower, Honey and Polenta dessert. (Still a link to bees!!) He serves his cake with baked gooseberries, but our crop at the allotment was still little sour so seasonal strawberries have been chosen to go with it- oh- and having been teased about the yoghurt when we last had strawberries I have opted for full fat cream from Jersey cows to go on the side!!
The holes are where I drizzled the syrup made from honey, elderflower cordial and lemon  over the top- it looks very moist , can't wait to try it!

1 comment: